June 29, 2005

Today - back to hearing great!


Hey!
Well today I am doing a whole lot better! I haven't turned on my hearing aid once today. In fact my mom has it. lol. I feel really wierd without my hearing aid but I know its for the best!! I can hear the T.V again - thats great news! Today at work I had to cut peices of paper and it was NOISY! Can you believe it?? I never thought cutting paper was going to be so noisy! At school when we were doing some in-classroom projects and everyone was cutting at the same time, I could kinda hear it and thats with a bunch of people. But now just one person cutting is really loud. lol. Some other nioses I have found to be loud is water. I heard water a little bit with my hearing aid, but that was when I was right next to it. And the other day I was washing the dishes and it was extremly loud! That was a shock to me. lol. That was really the first thing I noticed to be different from my cochlear Implant and my hearing aid. Another thing that I noticed to be louder is a light switch. lol. When I turn on a light switch I hear it. I've never really heard me turn on a light. lol. I could also hear a blinker on in someone elses car. I can never hear the blinker unless I know its on, cuz then I listen for it. But this time I didn't know it was on and I could hear it! But thats all I can think of right now...I'll make sure I have the whole list for you to read next time. ok? Well, got to go. Bye : )

Oh and here is a picture of me and my brother. We both have the Advanced Bionocs Cochlear Implant. He has the BTE and I have the new Auria. (up above) We both love it!

No comments: