August 1, 2007

VolunTEEN at the Children's Hospital

My last day as a VolunTEEN at the children's Hospital was today! :( I could only do it for the summer, and becuase of school starting in two weeks, today was the last day for us.
I got to work in the Operating Room with my friend Sumon. We had fun helping all the nurses, watching the different surgeries, helping the hospital move into the new building (which was so confusing lol), and learning about what its like to be a nurse at the hospital! My favorite part was seeing all the surgeries - I got to see intestines, the inside of a stomach, lungs, and a heart!

Who knows, maybe I'll become a nurse working in the OR one day... :)

Here's a picture with me and the people I worked with in our lovely scrubs...

Sumon, Elizabeth, Mrs. June (the lady in charge of us) and then me...

No comments: