August 5, 2007

We LOVE our Direct Connect!

Hey - Just thought you might enjoy a picture of the implant with the direct connet. We went hiking this weekend in North Carolina and so my brother and I both took our ipods to listen to in the car. And lets just say, now that my brother got the new harmony - he has become OBSESSED with the new direct connect!! haha So now both my brother and I won't go anywhere without it!! haha : )

Here is a picture of my brother with his implant and the direct connect attacted to it.
For those of you who don't know - the direct connect is like a headphone set for the Advanced Bionics users. Its the black cord that hangs down from the front of the implant that connects to the ipod or to whatever you're listening to (cell phone, ipod, computer, mp3 player, etc.)...



And just another thing to notice...my brother got his implant about a month and a half ago and his hair and skin is already back to normal! I know there are alot of parents out there that are worried about what their kids are going to look like afterwards and scared about the whole hair thing...but his hair grew back, you can't really see the scar, and he's already had a hair cut since after the surgery.
So your hair will grow back and it'll go back to normal!!

Just another note for those worried parents... : )

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey!!
I just now dusted off my Direct Connect over the weekend...it has been in the carry case for months. I found a bunch of old 80s videos on YouTube (yeah, I'm old) and wanted to listen to them. I was WONDERING if the Direct Connect could be used with iPods...You answered my question!! Thank you!! I have been debating getting an iPod for when I walk...I really think I want one now :)