July 25, 2005

July 25th, 2005

Hey!
Well right now I'm kind of in a "plateau". I seem to be doing ok. I can function fine without my hearing aid... But the thing is that its kind of a hassle to deal with. For example I went on a trip to the Lake Burton. And yesterday we were loading the car and cleaning the lake house. Its like 90 degrees out so my brother told me to take my implant off because of the sweat. That was annoying because I like to hear everything, I don't like to wonder around like a "deaf" person (if you know what I mean). Then when we were out in the boat, I had to be careful because when your hair is wet...You can't put it on, you have to be careful to not splash anyone or make sure it doesn't blow off from the wind of the boat. So to me it was just easier to use my hearing aid. Which wasn't very good!!! : ( But I did use the implant whenever I could. I think it's a "life-saver" to have my brother around (who is by the way also an Advanced Bionics Implant user) because he tells me what I can and can't do with my implant. I always forget, like when we were going to the playground...He reminded me to take it off when I was going down the slide. So I guess special thanks go to my brother. hahaha. Well I guess I better get going. I'll try to keep blogging to keep yall up-to-date!
Talk to you later!

No comments: