November 19, 2005

Progress

Hey!
Yesterday I had a mapping session. That went ok. We tried to change the program but I didn't like it at all. It sounded too high pitch and mechanical. So instead, we decided to just keep the other program, the one that I walked in with. But since I was wearing it at about 8 o'clock, we moved it to the 12 o'clock spot.
So now I've been wearing just my implant as much as I can. Yesterday I watched a whole movie with just my implant....That may not sound like a lot but for me it is. And whats shocking is that I actually got everything they said! But you know, its really weird wearing just an implant because its like you don't get any sound from the other side. All the sound comes in my right side, so I keep feeling like I forgot to turn on my hearing aid on my left side. And the urge to turn it on is so frustrating! But it really helps to just put the hearing aid in my pocket. So that way, I can't just reach up to turn it on quickly.
But anyways, another thing that we did at my appointment was that we changed the extra magnet to a "half strength" which helps hold my implant on better. Before I had to hold my magnet on with another magnet on the outside. Which got really annoying because it magnetized to EVERYTHING!! I tried to put the magnet on the inside but after 20 or 30 minutes of wearing it, I would get a really bad headache. But now after getting this new magnet, I haven't had a headache and it holds my implant on ALOT better! So I'm really excited about not having to have the outside magnet on. YAY!!
Well I guess this is it for now.

No comments: