November 10, 2005

Back into Therapy...

Hey everyone!
Well I don't have much to say at this point. But I had a therapy session not to long ago....and its about time too! My last therapy session was before school started (beginning of August). Once school started I just got to busy and had no time to do it. But I finally put my foot down and got back into therapy.
So last week I had a therapy session and it went great! I think my therapist and my mom was amazed and shocked at how well I was doing with just the implant. And I was too! I was soo nervous about therapy that I was actually dreading it. I haven't been going just with my implant so I wasn't sure how I was going to do. But I actually did well!
Since I'm in school and I have homework and club meetings, we decided to have therapy about once a month or every couple of weeks. So at each session, she would give me alot of homework to do. And whenever we had time, my mom and I would do a little bit. So I'm really excited about how things are going with me and the implant. I've been listening to my music too, so hopefully my goal will be reached before Christmas......I'm hoping!!! (keep your fingers crossed!)
Well I guess this is it for now, I just wanted to let you know what I've been doing lately. Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Samantha, I have been looking for information on advanced teaching degrees online and I found your post about this post. Maybe this was not exactly what I was looking for but I was glad that I found your blog which has given me some new ideas that I can use on my own site. Blogs are a great way of sharing news and views.

Anonymous said...

Samantha,

As your aunt I can only tell you how proud I am of you. What a trooper you are to be brave enough to get your new cochlear implant. You are doing great with all your homework and sticking to your schedules. You set a great example and I am going to forward this to a hearing impaired friend.

Love,
Aunt Suzie
XOX