May 7, 2009

Audio Tours in Museums!

Last weekend, my Mom and I went to the Mummy Museum and we paid for the Audio Tour. We assumed it was going to be a little recording with headphones to listen with as you walk around. I used that when I went to the Art Museum downtown… instead of using the regular headphones that came with it, I would just plug in my direct connect cord from my implant to the recorder so I could hear it better. It was great!

But suprisingly, this place was more advanced and had personal walkie-talkie phone type things we listen too. When they handed this to me, I wasn’t sure how this was going to go. But we figured we’d try it out anyways.

As you can see from the picture below, it was basically like holding a TV remote to our ears and listen to it…. It was like we were from the future! I felt like such a dork walking around with that! haha



But surprisingly, I could understand most of it! In fact, we got more information and details then a person who didn’t have the audio tour! It was like we had our own personal behind-the-scenes tour guide!

So being that I love learning about mummies and Egypt, I was very thankful we got the Audio Tour and that I could hear it! :D




No comments: