October 22, 2008

Clickers in Class

So apparently the new thing to do is to use little "clickers" in class...

The clicker we use:


I am taking a Government class on Contemporary World Issues this semester and my professor likes to use this clicker system for class questions, quizzes, and/or debate questions.

How it works is that sometimes she'll post the multiple choice question on the overhead or most of the time she'll read them allowed and we all have to send in our answer to the computer through the clicker. Then once everyone sends in their answer, a bar graph shows up on the overhead showing what everyone chose (anonymously). And that's how she monitors how the class is doing and how we generate debate topics in class.

Sending in your answers:



The class results on the overhead:
(But in my case - without the question showing)



I think its pretty weird to think about how much the world relies on technology. And I also think its pretty cool that I'm able to hear and understand the questions my professor is asking so I can send in my answer through those little-handy-dandy clickers! haha :)

1 comment:

Billy said...

Just read a ton of your posts.
Everything sounds awesome, great pics too.
Who ever would of thought how these little things in our heads would change our lives so much :)
Hope everything is cool ur way.
Billy