September 8, 2008

Strobe Lights

They just installed some Strobe Lights in my dorm and also in the bathroom for in case if there is a fire.

The guys that installed it, tested it out to show me how it works. So basically when the smoke alarm goes off, the strobe light will make a really loud noise and flash a really bright light until the fire alarm goes off. So now, not only will you hear the normal smoke alarm noise, you'll also hear the strobe light blaring and see it flashing a really bright light.
Which as we all know, means... you evacuate immediately! lol

They put one above my door in my room so if I'm sleeping, the light flashing will wake me up.
And they put it in the bathroom so in case if I'm in the shower, I'll see the light flashing and will know to get out ASAP.

Here is what it looks like:

The Strobe light above our door to our dorm:


The Strobe Light up close:


The Strobe Lights in the bathroom - they put two of them, so you can see the light flashing in all of the showers:



Its kinda weird having the strobe lights on the walls and the ceilings, but at least now I'll know if there's a fire at night or while I'm in the showers so I'll know to get out ASAP! :)

No comments: