August 29, 2008

Living on the Berry College Campus... :)

Well, it's been over a week since I've moved into my Berry College Dorm! :)

It's been so crazy and busy this week trying to get situated, ready for classes and work, meeting new people and trying to figure out where everything is! But so far it's been going great!!

My Weekly Schedule:

Monday & Wednesday:
8:00 - 10:00 -- Work in the Alumni Center
10:00 - 10:50 -- Economics
11:00 - 11:50 -- English/Writing
LUNCH BREAK
1:00 - 2:00 -- BCC - Freshmen Class

Tuesday & Thursday:
9:30 - 10:45 -- Psychology
11:00 - 2:00 -- Work in the Alumni Center
2:00 - 3:15 -- Contemporary World Issues (GOV)

Friday:
8:00 - 10:00 -- Work in the Alumni Center
10:00 - 10:50 -- Economics
11:00 - 11:50 -- English/Writing

So I have about 13 credit hours (the max they'll allow for freshmen) and about 12 hours of work a week. Then next week they're having the student involvement fair to see all the clubs that they offer and join the ones you want. So I'm excited about that!! There's two clubs I already want to join which are The Swing Dance Club and the Ballroom Dancing Club! :) But I also want to find some other clubs to join - preferably some clubs that involve community service work, so we'll see...

Work is interesting... I basically help stuff envelopes and mail them out to Alumni and help out with Alumni Events but on Tuesdays and Thursdays I work the front desk greeting people and answering the phones and what-not. So it's pretty cool helping out in an office scene... plus, I get my first pay check in two weeks!! hehe :)

Well, it's been interesting living with a roommate. So far it's been going pretty good. I use my vibrating alarm clock to wake me up and the RA's are going to install one of those strobe lights for the fire alarm in the bathroom and probably one in my dorm room so if I don't have my hearing equipment on, I'll be able to tell if there's a fire.

But it's been fun getting to know everyone on my hall.... the other night, our whole hall got dressed up and went out to dinner before we went to the Freshmen Talent Show. Last night I went to the first Swing Dance and tonight is the Welcome Back Toga Dance! And last night, Dana (Boy's Dorm) invited 3rd Clara (our floor) to their pool party next monday! Dana Dorms had to pick a girl's dorm floor to invite, and we're the ones that got invited!! :D So that was pretty cool!

Here are some pictures of my dorm....

Clara Hall's Main Entrance- We're on the 3rd floor:


Our door - Clara 310:


My half of the room:


Just what everyone loves.... textbooks!


So I guess you can say I'm officially a College Student! :D

I've survived the first week of crazyness and now I get to enjoy a long weekend for Labor Day....
of writing papers that are due next week and reading a bunch of stuff for my classes.... oh boy! :P

No comments: