April 18, 2006

Wearing My Hair Up....FINALLY!!! hehe : )


Well today was the first day I wore my hair up to school since I got the implant!! I never did, becuase I was too afraid of what people would say. And plus, I wasn't sure what was going to happen for when my battery dies...beacuse when it dies, I take the implant off and change the battery. But if my hair is up...then I was afraid I was going to mess up me hair when I take it off!! : / But since the school is re-doing their air conditioning systems....its like "boiling" in the school!!! : ) So I wore my hair up to keep me cool! YAY!

I was kind of nervous and hesitent to wear it up, but I decided it was time to just let everyone see it and just accept what they say.

But as it comes to my shock...nobody said anything!! : D Well except when I was in the bathroom washing my hands...this girl was staring at my head. So I'm thinking she was looking at my hearing aid. hahaha. But I didn't say anything...I just kept on going! hehe : )

But yeah...Its a big differnce between the hearing aid and the cochlear implant!! And my golly...I gotta say, the implant is ALOT nicer looking than the hearing aid and plus the fact...you can color match!!!!! hehe : )

Hearing Aid (pic. 1) AB Cochlear Implant (pic. 2)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I'm freaked out about wearing my hair up too. Do you have to have the magnet on the outside of your hair, or can you wear your hair down over it? I've worn a hearing aid for thirty years and nobody has noticed it, but I'm sure they'd notice a magnet stuck on my head!!
I can't wait to read more of your blog. I know there's a lot I can learn from you!!

Unknown said...

Thumbs up! People should not be afraid of how correctional devices look on them. And look at what happen to your situation, as if almost everybody did not mind your cochlear implant at all. Hearing aids and other correctional devices are used not to make people look weird, but to help and aid them in their problems.


@Rebecca Kavel

brittanymlemay said...

Friend, this web site might be fabolous, i just like it. Capilclinic.com.br